The Regina Work Preparation Centre Inc.
Business Re-Open Plan for COVID-19
Client Information Package
Updated March 2021
Protocols for Access to Services at Work Prep:
The Regina Work Preparation Centre Inc. (Work Prep) strives to continue offering essential services, while ensuring the safety of our staff, clients and greater community. To achieve this goal, Work Prep has implemented modifications to service delivery:
Entrance to the building:
- Access to in-person services will be by appointment only. Phone and video services will still be encouraged, where appropriate.
- The Computer Resource Centre will be closed for walk in services.
- Individuals accessing services may only attend the office for their appointment no more then 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time. Only one person at a time will be permitted into the building, others must wait outside maintaining proper physical distancing of 6ft.
- The waiting room will be closed, and anyone accompanying an individual for services will not be permitted to enter the building.
- It is recommended that all individuals planning on attending the office complete the Government of Saskatchewan’s online COVID-19 Screening Tool prior to attending the office.
- All individuals accessing services who attend the office will be greeted by a staff member who will walk them through the requirements to move forward with their appointment.
- Individuals will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entry
- Individuals will have their temperature taken
- Individuals will complete a symptomatic screening questionnaire.
- If an individual has a fever over 38 degrees and/or answers yes to any of the questions, services will not proceed.
- Individuals who appear symptomatic upon arrival at Work Prep or become sick while at the office, or disclose that they are required to self-isolate under Public Health Authority orders, will have their service concluded immediately and will exit the building.
Public Access Washrooms:
- Public access washrooms will not be available for individuals attending appointments.
- Clients attending groups will be able to access designated washrooms. Clients will be expected to sanitize and disinfect washroom stalls and touch surfaces following their use. Expectations around cleaning and disinfecting will be shared with groups on the first day.
- Physical distancing must be followed during group and appointments, with individuals seated comfortably 6 ft. away from each other. Floor decals will be placed in staff offices and group rooms to ensure proper physical distancing while attending group activities and appointments.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed in the Computer Resource Centre, reception and group room areas.
- One way traffic has been implemented in hallways.
- Clients and staff will be required to wear a mask when in the office. Individuals may choose to wear their own mask or Work Prep will provide a disposable mask.
- Clients attending the office for group learning will be required to wear a disposable mask provided by Work Prep.
Food and Drink:
- Work Prep will not be supplying coffee or water for individual appointments.
- Individuals attending appointments cannot bring any outside food or drink into the building.
- Individuals attending group may bring their own drinks and food, so long as it is individually packaged. For individuals attending a group, Work Prep can provide bottled water, or individual bottles to be refilled in the tap (not in the staff room). Coffee will not be provided for groups.
- Individuals attending group cannot share food or drink and are responsible to dispose of their own garbage and sanitize and disinfect any surfaces touched.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Work Prep has increased cleaning and sanitization of our office and equipment to ensure the safety of individuals accessing our services.
COVID-19 Visitor Screening Questionnaire:
We require you to fill out the below questionnaire to assist in determining your ability to attend Work Prep during the COVID-19 pandemic. This questionnaire will support Work prep to provide a safe environment for all staff, clients and community attending the office.
All visitors must:
- Be expected to pre-schedule appointments.
- Sign in and out. Documenting arrival and exit times (if entering the building).
- Use hand sanitizer and have their temperature taken.
- Be escorted by staff to their office for an appointment, and escorted out by staff at the end of the appointment.
The information in this questionnaire will be used and disclosed solely for the purpose of determining ability to attend Work Prep during the COVID-19 pandemic.
|1. Do you have any of the following symptoms which are new or worsened if associated with allergies, chronic or pre-existing conditions?|
|– A fever greater than > 38 C|
|– Are you feeling feverish?|
|– Do you have the chills?|
|– New or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?|
|– Fatigue or weakness|
|– New onset of cough or worsening of cough?|
|– Muscle and body aches?|
|– New loss of taste or smell?|
|– Gastrointestinal symptoms(abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting?)|
|2. Have you felt very unwell, with symptoms not related to pre-existing medical conditions in the last 24 hours?|
|3. Have you returned to Canada from outside of the country (including the USA) in the last 14 days?|
|4. Have you, or anyone in your household been in contact in the last 14 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to have a case of COVID-19?|
|5. Are you currently being investigated as a suspect case of COVID-19?|
|6. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.|
|7. Have you been told by a medical professional to isolate yourself in the last 14 days?|
If you answer “yes” to any of the above, you are not permitted to attend your appointment or enter the building at this time and you must contact 811 to determine your need for COVID-19 testing.
If you answer “no” to all of the above, you can proceed with your visit.