Carmichael Outreach is seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, organized, and passionate applicant to join
our team in the role of Development Coordinator.
About Carmichael Outreach
Carmichael Outreach is a registered charity located in Regina, Saskatchewan that provides various services to those in our community who experience poverty and homelessness. Our mission is to foster empowerment through dignity, respect, and advocacy in our community. Our vision is to see the END of poverty and homelessness in our community, and we believe that we all need to work together to make this happen. Together, we CAN end poverty and homelessness!
- Must have completed Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Degree or certificate in Business/Office Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or a similar field is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is an asset
- Experience in developing and organizing fundraising and other public events
- Experience handling finances
- Experience with managing websites, other Social Media, and forms of communications with excellent written and in‐person communications skills
- Experience working with Quickbooks and E‐Tapestry (or willingness to learn) is an asset
- Experience working in a non‐profit office environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of the complexity of homelessness, poverty, and mental health issues in the Regina context is an asset
The Development Coordinator is an exciting role that is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all fundraising, communications, and organizational development activities for Carmichael Outreach. The successful applicant for this role will be a creative, organized, and outgoing person who can demonstrate time‐management skills and an ability to work well independently and under pressure.
Duties may include, but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing all fundraising events and activities including existing campaigns in addition to seeking new opportunities, soliciting donations and sponsorships, etc.
- Overseeing grant activities including research, proposal writing, reporting, etc.
- Managing communications through social media including maintaining the website, other online communications, printed communications such as pamphlets, posters, and business cards, and written communications.
- Making public appearances/accept speaking engagements and participating in various committees, stakeholder engagement events, etc.
- Overseeing and tracking fundraising donations
- Other duties as required.
Carmichael Outreach works with a broad cross‐section of individuals who are either currently experiencing or are at risk of experiencing homelessness. This includes many who have struggled with mental health and addictions issues, trauma, physical or cognitive disabilities, and more. The right applicant for this position will be someone who possesses the ability to demonstrate patience when working with individuals who have experienced or are experiencing poverty, homelessness, addiction, and trauma. It is important to understand trauma and be comfortable working with (and respecting) everyone regardless of their social or economic position.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role, via email to email@example.com or fax to 306‐757‐2205. Thank you for your interest in joining the Carmichael Outreach family!
Apply By: October 13, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Employment Terms: Full time Permanent
Hours of Work: Eight hours per day, Monday to Friday.
The employee will receive one day off every three weeks.
Total yearly hours will be 1,944.
Wage/Salary Details: Range between $23.15 to $28.29 per hour plus benefits after the qualifying period (wage will be dependent on experience and qualifications).