Work Prep is on a journey of transformation to embody the characteristics and vision of a 21st century organization. We are seeking a creative, flexible and innovative individual that will join our team to lead the integration, marketing and evaluation of the use of Virtual Reality for Career Exploration. Work Prep will be introducing this tool with the goal of supporting workforce development in Saskatchewan that addresses Saskatchewan’s Plan for Growth and Labour Market Demand Outlook for the next five years.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing plan to announce and roll out Virtual Reality as a tool for career development practitioners and job seekers in Saskatchewan, including:
- Event planning
- Career Fairs
- Pilot Virtual Reality Technology in work force development programming and services that support the future of work in Saskatchewan and labour market needs and demands.
- Research regional, provincial and federal labour market information and initiatives to determine areas of growth and opportunity for the use and integration of Virtual Reality Technology.
- Research labour market information and job seeker needs to determine leverage points for the use of Virtual Reality to prepare job seekers for jobs of the future.
- Building partnerships with key stakeholders in Education, Government, Community Based Organizations, Career Development Practitioners and Labour Market Stakeholders to market the integration, use and evaluation of virtual reality technology.
- Research, identify and connect with employers to promote and market virtual reality as a recruitment tool to meet labour market demands in their business and explore opportunities for partnership and future growth.
- Develop evaluation plan and metric to determine the effectiveness of Virtual Reality for career exploration, job seeker and community engagement and partnerships.
- Actively engaged with the client intake process and guided client VR use.
- Case notes during in office client VR appointments.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple demands in a flexible manner.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers in:
- Word processing
- Public speaking skills
- Strong research and evaluation skills.
- Experience in sales and marketing is an asset.
- Knowledge of, and experience with virtual reality technology is an asset.
- Individual must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. Job may require some travel within the province and work during the evenings or weekends.
- Project management experience would be a definite asset.
- These additional skills would also be an added asset:
- WordPress and/or website editing experience
- Basic graphic design skills
- Video editing
- Able to troubleshoot technology efficiently
- Undergraduate degree or technical and applied science certificate/diploma in marketing, communications or business.
A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
We are an equal opportunity employer with Human Resource practices that support the recruitment, hiring and retention of a diversified workforce.
Salary: $44,748.00 annually.
Scheduled Day Off every three weeks, comprehensive benefit plan.
Reporting: Executive Director