Job Title: Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides high quality, confidential administrative and clerical assistance to the Executive Director and Leadership Team to support effective and efficient provision of organizational service delivery, operations management and reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with all team members to achieve organizational mission, vision, mandate and strategic priorities.
- Actively participate in organizational strategic visioning and planning.
- Actively participate in organizational activities including community involvement, volunteering and/or resource development.
- Represent and promote the organization in the community through community and employer partnerships, and participation in stakeholder meetings and working groups.
- Utilizing program experience, knowledge and evaluation, identify gaps in service and present ideas for organizational growth to Program Manager.
- Work with Executive Director to identify, understand and monitor expectations, and strategies for successful outcomes.
- Actively participate in organizational professional development opportunities and evaluations.
- Stay current in organizational core modalities, practicing and integrating them into service delivery and team communication and support.
General Reception and Client Services
- Provides backup support to the Administrative Coordinator for General Reception.
- Ensures a welcoming environment which reflects the RWPC mission, and champions processes and activities which enhance the client experience
- Collaborate with the Group Facilitator to manage and deliver the weekly information sessions – gathering data, assigning clients and reporting to the Ministry of Social Services.
- Understands RWPC services to ensure seamless transfer of clients
Executive Administrative Services
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Executive Director and Leadership Team.
- Responsible for meeting minutes and note taking for Leadership Team.
- Work with Executive Director to complete Board Reports and prepare for board meetings, preparing information in a confidential, effective and succinct format.
- Collaborating with Executive Director, leads facility management including contact with Landlord to respond to issues and ensure resolution.
- Research and develop strong understanding of PIPEDA and Digital Security Act
- Work with IT provider and Executive Director to organize and manage successful IT services and infrastructure including security needs, urgent responses, planned updates and organization of software licenses.
- Oversee staff computer password best practice, managing and maintaining all staff and organizational passwords in a confidential manner.
- Oversee staff leave process and best practice, managing out of office calendar, recording and tracking leave requests and identifying discrepancies to Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate organizational group room bookings.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop and deliver evaluation and follow up activities for internal events and research.
- Establish and manage email and external communication network. Complete research and maintain documentation. Ensure partners are ok to receive communication.
- Monitor marketing material supplies and manage ordering and distribution (business cards, brochures, posters, give aways)
- Backup support to Financial Coordinator, including processing of payroll and paying bills.
- Work with Executive Director to develop and oversee organizational cyber and office security and occupational health and safety.
- Develops and maintains relevant forms, databases and information systems.
- Completes data entry on client and program data.
- Development and maintenance of files for all registered client across all contracts (hard copy and electronic).
- Complete effective organizational file management, including disposal of outdated program and client records.
- Review programs documents for consistency, formatting and errors.
- Complete statistical reporting for programs and provide insight into trends for evaluative and strategic planning purposes.
- Develop forms and systems for program and office efficiency.
- Provide program support for group programs and information sessions.
to coordinate MicroAge partnership requirements, including scheduling,
evaluation and reporting.
Areas of specialization/expertise
- Each individual staff member will collaborate with Program Manager and team to identify areas of leadership, specialization and expertise within their own and others roles.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to positively interact with clients from various cultural, economic and social backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational and research skills.
- Knowledge of confidential administrative and clerical procedures.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to format and compile information in a readable and visually appealing manner
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong problem solving skills using integrated and complex reasoning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers in:
- Word processing
- Post secondary Diploma or Degree in business and/or office administration.
- Database management or Microsoft Access training.
- Customer Service training
- Conflict Resolution and Management training.
- Reality Therapy Certified or a commitment to pursue Certification.
- Motivation Interviewing and Stages of Change Training or a commitment to pursue.
- 2-3 years of progressive administrative responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities.
A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Position: Full Time Permanent
- $38,544 – $40,068 annually
- Employer contribution to RRSP
- Extended health and dental benefits, Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance after 6 months.
- Scheduled day off every 3 weeks.
Send all resumes ATTN: Ashley Boha to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line which job you are applying for.