Job Title: Career Advisor/Labour Market Specialist
The Labour Market Specialist will work collaboratively with the Virtual Reality (VR) Team, workforce development organizations and career practitioners across the province to support the integration of Virtual Reality as a career decision making tool. The Labour Market Specialist will specialize in research, understanding and dissemination of labour market, education information and career resources for the careers featured in the CareerLabs VR Simulations. This work will support practitioners and job seekers in effective career action planning to support job seekers to connect to available jobs in Saskatchewan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to work in a culture of change with a willingness to improve.
- Work with all team members to achieve organizational mission, vision, mandate and strategic priorities.
- Actively participate in organizational strategic visioning and planning.
- Actively participate in organizational activities including community involvement, volunteering and/or resource development.
- Represent and promote the organization in the community through community and employer partnerships, and participation in stakeholder meetings and working groups to increase engagement and application of VR in workforce development.
- Utilizing labour market information, identify opportunities for service delivery to meet economic demands and present ideas for organizational growth to Team Lead.
- Work with Team Lead to identify, understand and monitor expectations, and strategies for successful outcomes.
- Actively participate in organizational professional development opportunities and evaluations.
- Stay current in organizational core modalities, practicing and integrating them into service delivery and team communication and support.
Job Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with VR Marketer to delivery VR simulations to job seekers, taking the role of skills assessment and evaluation of transferable skills and career pathways available.
- Collaborate with career practitioners and other workforce development organizations to support vocational service delivery by completing and sharing labour market research that is specific to client action plans, needs or questions.
- Research and maintain labour market and education information on specialized career pathways to support the development of career action plans after VR experience.
- Research and understand financial aid and resources for industry specific education to support career pathways in the careers offered through VR simulations.
- Work with team to research, identify and connect with employers to promote and market virtual reality as a recruitment tool to meet labour market demands in their business and explore opportunities for partnership and future growth.
- Partner and network with employers and industry sectors to gain labour market information that is specific to employer needs and challenges.
- Provide training and coaching on VR specific LMI and application of VR in workforce development to other organizations and professionals.
- Work with VR team to develop and deliver vocational resources across the province that will support effective use and application of VR simulations in career decision making.
- Work with VR team to develop province wide communities of practice of VR for career decision making and exploration.
Reporting and Evaluation:
Ensure the effective, efficient and confidential collection, processing and reporting of quality case files, reports and information requirements.
- Prepare for, and participate in regular activity monitors and evaluations with Team Lead.
- Work with Team Lead(s) to evaluate the provision of programs and services for the purpose of learning, growth and development of yourself, your team, the program and the organization.
- Understand and abide by organizational and governmental security regulations and protocols.
Areas of specialization/expertise
Each individual staff member will collaborate with Team Lead to identify areas of leadership, specialization and expertise within their own and others roles.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Digital Literacy – Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and E-mail, including remote access and use of technology through cell phone.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other video conferencing software.
- Public speaking skills.
- Strong research and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of employment and educational programs
- Knowledge of career counselling theory and practice
- Knowledge of vocational assessments
- Ability to develop supportive working relationships with clients from various cultural, economic and social backgrounds
- Knowledge of regional, provincial and global labour market needs and trends including the Future of Work.
- Knowledge of marketing and learning content on a variety of social media platforms including: LinkedIn, Facebook, Websites, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.
- Undergraduate degree or certificate/diploma in economics, business administration, social sciences or related field.
- Reality Therapy Certified or a commitment to pursue Certification.
- Motivation Interviewing and Stages of Change Training or a commitment to pursue.
** While commitment to pursue will be considered, all individuals applying must be able to effectively demonstrate understanding of Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change and Reality Therapy/Choice Theory and its application to career and employment services.
- Experience in career counselling, particularly in the human service sector and in community based organizations would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in industry and/or careers featured in the VR simulations would be an asset.
- Experience working with clients from various cultural, economic and social backgrounds.
A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Reporting: Team Lead
Salary: $47,497.00 annually.
Scheduled Day Off every three weeks, comprehensive benefit plan.