Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regina Work Preparation Centre
Job Title: Program Manager
Work Prep is on a journey of transformation to encompass the characteristics and vision of a 21st century organization. We are seeking a transformational leader that will join our management team on this journey, working in our youth and job launch contracts.
Committed to fostering a collaborative environment that supports growth, development and leadership at every level, this program manager will cultivate a workplace that thrives on lifelong learning, strategic risk taking and continuous change to get ahead of, and respond to the needs of our clients, community and the economy. If this sounds like your style of leadership and excites you to think about joining a team like this, please consider applying!
The Program Manager provides overall management and leadership for programs offered by the Regina Work Preparation Centre to achieve program objectives and contractual obligations that assist the organization in fulfilling its mission, vision and mandate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director, to:
- Identify, develop and address any challenges, risks or issues that will affect organizational operation and effectiveness.
- Achieve organizational vision, mission, mandate and strategic priorities.
- Complete annual reporting.
- Identify and provide input for the application to new funding opportunities.
- Build organizational capacity, in people and infrastructure.
- Actively participate in organizational strategic visioning and planning.
- Actively participate in organizational activities including community involvement, volunteering and/or resource development.
- Represent and promote the organization in the community through community partnerships, and participation in stakeholder meetings and sector committees.
- Utilizing program results, evaluation and knowledge, identify gaps in service with a keen eye on opportunities for organizational growth.
- Work with the Executive Director and Financial Coordinator, to:
- Establish program and organizational budgets.
- Review any identified challenges, successes and areas of opportunity with the Executive Director.
- Discuss organizational financial needs to ensure all program resources are maximized.
- Identify any systems or processes in need of improvement that will benefit the organization.
- Work with the Financial Coordinator, to:
- Review and monitor program/contract revenues and expenditures.
- Identify financial needs for contracts/programs and bring to the attention of the ED to work as a team to address.
- Identify and present any identified challenges, risks, successes and opportunities at reviews with ED.
- Discuss and resolve any issues with program/staff adherence to financial protocols.
- Review, approve and jointly submit financial reports for funders in collaboration with program reports.
- Complete quarterly reconciliation of vacation accruals.
- Work with Program Staff, to:
- Ensure maximization of participant supports in a client centered, effective manner.
- Work with staff to ensure that all financial documentation and protocols are followed.
- Oversee and approve
vacation accruals and use.
- Work with Executive Director to identify, understand and monitor expectations, and strategies for successful outcomes.
- Actively participate in organizational professional development opportunities and evaluations.
- Stay current in organizational core modalities, practicing and integrating them into service delivery and team communication and support.
Team Development/Human Resources:
- Provide human resource oversight including the recruitment, assessment and hiring of new staff.
- Assist Executive Director in the creation and implementation of performance review process.
- Work with staff to define expectations and support staff in personal and professional growth by taking the time to coach, tutor, provide feedback and have discussions to achieve expectations.
- Using performance review and accountability measures work with staff to recognize skills and knowledge to identify personal and professional outcomes and strategies for achievement.
- Lead the professional development team, and work to identify professional development opportunities, expectations and evaluation.
- Support staff in identifying gaps in services and presenting ideas and opportunities to Executive Director for discussion.
- Responsible for funder relations, including:
- Formal and informal communication regarding current contract inquiries.
- Completion of all reporting requirements for existing contracts.
- Responding to program ACAN’s and RFP’s.
- Re-negotiating and negotiating current and future contracts.
- Work with staff on the development of service delivery models that best meet current client needs, including outcomes, key deliverables and performance measures
- Work with staff to ensure effective and efficient provision of programs and services that best meet the needs of our clientele while also addressing funder requirements.
Reporting and Evaluation:
- Ensure the effective, efficient and confidential
collection, processing and reporting of quality program files, reports and
information requirements, through:
- Activity monitors and evaluation.
- Database content oversight and evaluation.
- Work with staff to evaluate the provision of programs and services for the purpose of learning, growth and development of staff, the program and the organization.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of employment and educational programs
- Knowledge of career counselling theory and practice
- Knowledge of vocational assessments
- Ability to plan, organize and research
- Able to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong leadership skills particularly in a collaborative working environment embodying the characteristics of a transformational leader.
- Strong management skills including budgeting, human resources and reporting/file management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers in:
- Word processing
Reporting: Executive Director
- Undergraduate degree in social work, social sciences or related field
- Reality Therapy Certified or a commitment to pursue Certification.
- Motivation Interviewing and Stages of Change Training or a commitment to pursue.
** While commitment to pursue will be considered, all individuals applying must be able to effectively demonstrate understanding of Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change and Reality Therapy/Choice Theory and its application to career and employment services.
- Minimum five years experience in career and employment services, particularly in the human service sector and in community based organizations
- Project management experience in a not for profit setting would be a definite asset.
- Previous experience working with the individuals who face barriers to successful participation in the labour market, youth, and/or individuals who have been involved in the provincial and federal justice system.
A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Apply by: March 18, 2019
Apply to: email@example.com
Salary: $51,228 annually. Scheduled Day Off every three weeks, comprehensive benefit plan.
We thank all those individuals who are interested in our organization and this position, only those selected for an interview will be selected. No phone calls please.