Carmichael Outreach is seeking a friendly, confident, and highly organized individual to join our team as our new Receptionist/Bookkeeper in the role of “Finance and Admin Coordinator”. About Carmichael Outreach Carmichael Outreach is a registered charity located in Regina, Saskatchewan that provides various services to those in our community who experience poverty and homelessness. Our mission is to foster empowerment through dignity, respect, and advocacy in our community. Our vision is to see the END of poverty and homelessness in our community, and we believe that we all need to work together to make this happen. Together, we CAN end poverty and homelessness!
- Must have completed Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Degree or certificate in Business/Office Administration &/or three (3) or more years of experience with accounting/bookkeeping
- Must understand double‐entry accounting and demonstrate experience with payables/receivables, budgets, etc.
- Experience working with Quickbooks and E‐Tapestry is an asset
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a non‐profit office environment would be an asset
- Frontline experience with those experiencing poverty and homelessness would be an asset
Duties may include, but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing the front desk including answering the phone, responding to inquiries, and directing calls, emails, and greeting guests
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable duties including preparing bank deposits and reconciliations, Taking financial donations, and preparing charitable tax receipts
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Establishing and maintaining an electronic file system
- Photocopying, scanning, and filing in both an electronic and paper file system
- Ordering office supplies
- Potential for some social media and other communications tasks
- Other duties as required.
This position is often the first point of contact between Carmichael Outreach and the general public. As the first person that many people will interact with at Carmichael, we want the person in this role to fully encompass and demonstrate our values of fostering empowerment through dignity, respect, and advocacy in our community. The right applicant for this position will be friendly, highly organized, and capable of juggling multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision. This position will work closely with our Executive Director, Accountant, and Treasurer to ensure that Carmichael Outreach’s finances are managed efficiently. The successful applicant must have experience in accounting/book‐keeping. Carmichael Outreach works with a broad cross‐section of individuals who are either currently experiencing or are at risk of experiencing homelessness. This includes many who have struggled with mental health and addictions issues, trauma, physical or cognitive disabilities, and more.
The right applicant for this position will be someone who possesses the ability to demonstrate patience when working with individuals who have experienced or are experiencing poverty, homelessness, addiction, and trauma. It is important to understand trauma and be comfortable working with (and respecting) everyone regardless of their social or economic position.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 306‐757‐2205. Thank you for your interest in joining the Carmichael Outreach family!
Apply By: October 17, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Employment Terms: Full time Permanent
Hours of Work: Eight hours per day, Monday to Friday.
The employee will receive one day off every three weeks.
Total yearly hours will be 1,944.
Wage/Salary Details: Range between $20.58 to $23.15 per hour
plus benefits after the qualifying period (wage will be dependent on experience and qualifications).