Regina Work Preparation Centre is seeking:
Job Title: Program Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 hours/week
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
The Regina Work Preparation Centre Inc. is currently recruiting a Program Manager for our Youth Employment Readiness Project and the Lorne and Evelyn Johnson Computer Resource Centre.
The Program Manager position will collaborate with the leadership team in providing overall management and leadership for programs and services offered by the Regina Work Preparation Centre to achieve program objectives and contractual obligations to assist the organization in fulfilling its mission, vision and mandate.
Primary duties and responsibilities for the position include:
Program Delivery and Development:
- Collaborate with program staff and the leadership team to develop service delivery models that best meet current client and contract needs, including outcomes, key deliverables and performance measures.
- Work with program staff to ensure the effective and efficient provision of programs and services that balance the needs of the clients and contractual obligations.
- Work with staff to evaluate current service delivery methods for the purpose of learning, growth and development of staff, the program and the organization.
- Participate in direct client service delivery, including intake and assessment of clients, case management, group facilitation and working with self-directed individuals who need brief assistance and support in individual learning of computer technology for the purpose of employment exploration and application.
- Utilize program results, evaluation and knowledge to identify gaps in service with a keen eye for opportunities for organizational growth.
Program Administration and Human Resources:
- Responsibility to build and maintain funder relations, including formal and informal communications, contract reporting and negotiations and response to for request for proposals.
- Provide human resource oversight including recruitment, assessment and hiring of new staff in relative programs. Work with staff to define expectations and support them in personal and professional growth through coaching, mentoring and providing feedback.
- Collaborate with leadership team and financial support staff to establish program budgets, review and monitor program and contract revenues and expenditures, and identify financial needs, potential challenges, risks and opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of employment and educational programs.
- Knowledge of career counselling theory and practice, including vocational assessments.
- Ability to plan, organize and research.
- Strong leadership skills, particularly in a collaborative working environment at every level.
- Strong project management skills including budgeting, human resources, reporting and confidential file management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient understanding and ability to teach computer use, including:
- Word processing
- Online job search and registration with online job search resources.
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in social work, social sciences or related field.
- Reality Therapy/Choice Theory certified or commitment to pursue,
- Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change training or commitment to pursue.
- Minimum of five years of experience in career and employment services, particularly in the human service sector and/or community based organizations.
- Experience and knowledge in computer applications including Windows 10, Mavis Beacon and Microsoft Office 2016.
- Project management experience in a not for profit setting would be a definite asset.
- Experience working with multi-barriered clients is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Interested candidates should apply by May 18, 2018. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Drop off/mail to 2020 Halifax Street, Regina SK