The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for effective and forward-looking administration, services, and advocacy. The CEO sets the tone of the organization, creating and sustaining an environment conducive to unity around the mission and strategic direction, forward momentum, collaboration, and diversity in representation and thinking. In addition, the CEO integrates information from sector trends, development, and effectiveness into planning processes and deliberations.
- Work with the CCC Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and its committees by providing, in a timely manner, all accurate information needed for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Prepare for and attend all Board and assigned committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Organization Mission and Strategy
- Lead CCC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Participate in the overall strategic planning of CCC to advance CCC’s mission, objectives, and growth.
- Develop the organization’s annual budget and multi-year business plan for Board approval.
- Work with the board and staff to implement the plan and ensure that the mission is fulfilled through member support and advocacy.
- Provide the Board with regular and timely progress reports of accomplishments in relation to the approved business plan.
Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for CCC’s fiscal integrity, including the development of a proposed annual budget and submission of quarterly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition.
- Responsible for fiscal management and operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for securing revenue and developing other resources necessary to support CCC’s mission and ensuring the financial health of the organization.
- Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Oversee CCC operations to ensure efficiency, quality, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Oversee organization and committee meetings.
- Act as a national spokesperson on behalf of CCC and member agencies.
- Manage all aspects of relations with national creditor stakeholders to preserve funding levels and ongoing support and cooperation.
- Manage all aspects of national public relations to actively promote the awareness of credit counseling services and programs through the media, stakeholders, and the communities that member agencies serve across Canada.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with federal government bodies to enhance the services and programs offered by member agencies across Canada and represent CCC at legislative sessions, committee meetings, and formal functions.
- Develop policies and risk management plans for board approval.
- Maintain website and other systems development and ensure system security.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legislation and regulations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for reviewing and signing all notes, contracts, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Post-secondary education degree or diploma, in Business, Social Sciences or equivalent educational qualification and/or appropriate work experience in human relations, communications, or business.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit credit counseling and the consumer debt market.
- Five or more years of senior non-profit management experience.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the strong public speaking ability.
- Strong technology skills.
Effort Required (Physical and Mental)
Work requires light manual effort and physical exertion e.g. prolonged sitting, an extended period of time working in front of a computer terminal. Work priorities are set to meet deadlines on several equally important tasks simultaneously. Some stress is related to the fast-paced environment and the meeting of deadlines.
Will work from a home office and Head Office of CCC, but may spend time away from these locations to work on a variety of projects and/or represent CCC. The position requires travel away from the home office.
The above information of this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the CEO. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the CEO