The Regina Work Preparation Centre Inc.
Pandemic Response Plan
Client Information Package
September 21, 2021
Protocols for Access to Services at Work Prep:
The Regina Work Preparation Centre Inc. (Work Prep) strives to continue offering essential services, while ensuring the safety of our staff, clients and greater community. To achieve this goal, Work Prep has implemented modifications to service delivery:
Entrance to the building:
- Access to in-person services will be by appointment only. Phone and video services will still be encouraged, where appropriate.
- Individuals accessing services may only attend the office for their appointment no more then 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time. Only one person at a time will be permitted into the building, others must wait outside maintaining proper physical distancing of 6ft.
- The waiting room will be closed, and anyone accompanying an individual for services will not be permitted to enter the building.
- It is recommended that all individuals planning on attending the office complete the Government of Saskatchewan’s online COVID-19 Screening Tool prior to attending the office.
- All individuals accessing services who attend the office will be greeted by a staff member who will walk them through the requirements to move forward with their appointment.
- Individuals will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entry
- Individuals will complete a symptomatic screening questionnaire.
- If an individual answers yes to any of the questions, services will not proceed.
- Individuals who appear symptomatic upon arrival at Work Prep or become sick while at the office, or disclose that they are required to self-isolate under Public Health Authority orders, will have their service concluded immediately and will exit the building.
Public Access Washrooms:
- Public access washrooms will not be available for individuals attending appointments.
- Clients attending groups will be able to access designated washrooms. Clients will be expected to sanitize and disinfect washroom stalls and touch surfaces following their use. Expectations around cleaning and disinfecting will be shared with groups on the first day.
- Physical distancing must be followed during group and appointments, with individuals seated comfortably 6 ft. away from each other. Floor decals will be placed in staff offices and group rooms to ensure proper physical distancing while attending group activities and appointments.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed in the Computer Resource Centre, reception and group room areas.
- One-way traffic has been implemented in hallways.
- Masks required in hallways, common areas, in CRC, in group rooms and in staff offices when meeting with others.
- Physical distancing must be followed during appointments, with clients seated comfortably 6 ft. away from the staff member. Masks must be worn at all times during the appointment and medical masks required when in 6ft of distance.
- Individuals may choose to wear their own mask or Work Prep will provide a disposable mask.
Food and Drink:
- Work Prep will not be supplying coffee or water for individual appointments.
- Individuals attending appointments cannot bring any outside food or drink into the building.
- Individuals attending group may bring their own drinks and food, so long as it is individually packaged. For individuals attending a group, Work Prep can provide bottled water, or individual bottles to be refilled in the tap (not in the staff room). Coffee will not be provided for groups.
- Individuals attending group cannot share food or drink and are responsible to dispose of their own garbage and sanitize and disinfect any surfaces touched.
- When group members stay for lunch they are required to be separated by 6ft. or more and will be required to eat behind plexi-glass.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Work Prep has increased cleaning and sanitization of our office and equipment to ensure the safety of individuals accessing our services.
COVID-19 Visitor Screening Questionnaire:
We require you to fill out the below questionnaire to assist in determining your ability to attend Work Prep during the COVID-19 pandemic. This questionnaire will support Work prep to provide a safe environment for all staff, clients and community attending the office.
All visitors must:
- Be expected to pre-schedule appointments.
- Sign in and out. Documenting arrival and exit times (if entering the building).
- Use hand sanitizer and have their temperature taken.
- Be escorted by staff to their office for an appointment, and escorted out by staff at the end of the appointment.
The information in this questionnaire will be used and disclosed solely for the purpose of determining ability to attend Work Prep during the COVID-19 pandemic.
|1. Do you have any of the following symptoms|
|Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?|
|New or worsening respiratory symptoms NOT RELATED to seasonal or environmental allergies? I.e. cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose.|
|New onset atypical symptoms including:
chills, aches and pains, headache, loss of sense of smell or taste?
|2. Have you tested positive for COVID-19*|
|3. In the last 14 days, have you:|
|Been outside of Canada, including the United States|
|Been identified by Public Health as a close contact, or had a close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?|
|YES to any 1, 2, 3 you will not be permitted to work/visit at this time. Please contact 811 for direction.|
*If you have received clearance from public health following a positive test or exposure you can answer NO.
If you answer “yes” to any of the above, you are not permitted to attend your appointment or enter the building at this time and you must contact 811 to determine your need for COVID-19 testing.
If you answer “no” to all of the above, you can proceed with your vi