Social Media Assistant
Wage/Salary Info 13.00/hour
Posted Date: 26-Apr-2019
# of Positions: 1
Employment Terms: Seasonal:F-T
Length of Employment: 12 weeks
Education: Grade 12
Experience: 0-6 Months
Apply By: 13-May-2019
How to Apply?:
Please send your cover letter and resume indicating why you are interested in the job and what you hope to learn over the summer to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Ashley Boha
- Summer Student Job
- This position is a Canada Summer Jobs Position, funded by the Government of Canada. If you are between the ages of 15 and 30 and looking to gain experience in an innovative nonprofit that supports job seekers in their journey to education or employment, this might be the summer job for you!
- The Social Media Assistant will be a STEM position, focusing on the use of technology to engage with job seekers, market our service and expand our network of employers and community partners.
- Working with Work Prep’s current Social Media Lead and Executive Director, the Social Media Assistant will collaborate with the team to develop the following
- Social Media Strategy for Work Prep- collaborate with the team to gain information and understanding on current social media engagement and identify goals for the next two years, including the determining how social media can be utilized as a tool in job search, practicing positive social media presence while also integrating social media activities into service delivery.
- Research and recommend promotional materials for the organization. The Social Media Assistant will be responsible to complete research and make a recommendation on promotional materials that may be used as appreciation gifts, client engagement tools and a tool to support social media campaigns in the organization.
- Research and networking to identify a calendar of events to increase engagement at Work Prep, either in person attendance or through social media.
- Develop ideas and recommendations on the creation of a promotional and/or information video for use on social media.
This position does not require post-secondary education and is ideal for a creative young person with exceptional technical skills that wants to gain some experience and leadership skills in an innovative position.